Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • Author

Next section screwed and glued into place using Tiger Seal.

Next section screwed and glued into position

Finally the Main A post. I used some Rivnuts and studding bar to hold it in place, and plenty of Tiger Seal glue to seal and glue it into place. Hope I haven’t got to take it out again for any reason!⁷

Most of the post

Dash board up to the roof

There is a bit more fettling to do, and I will fit in the roof section timber next. If all goes well there are a couple of pieces to add to the A post, most importantly the door latch. Then if all is as good as it seems to be I will bend the aluminium skin back into place using plenty of sealer/glue and tack it into place. Next fit the windscreen and back window back into place, then attend to the paintwork. All downhill from here on.

Ben Stevens
    Keymaster

Looking really good Dave. Much more secure with the extra bolts holding it in place.

Bottom section finished

On the above photo you can see the aluminium is wrapped around the wooden frame and tacked into place. I used plenty of Tiger Seal glue/sealer to ensure a waterproof finish

On the above photo you can see the aluminium is wrapped around the wooden frame and tacked into place. I used plenty of Tiger Seal glue/sealer to ensure a waterproof finish. Correction. This caption should read photo below.

Next section up

Working up you can see all the inner aluminium is in place except the door latch plate. I only have one chance to get this exactly right as where it is screwed into the A post wood determines how tightly the door shuts. I haven’t  worked out if there is an adjustment mechanism, or if there is how it may work. I am open to suggestions.

Last piece

Last picture. Just the little capping piece of aluminium to fit, and then for the roof section. Getting there.

Side on view.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.