Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 92 total)
  • Author

Trim around top of door

Trim fitted around top of door

New door sealing rubber

New sealing rubber

New sealing rubber underneath the normal door trim

New sealing rubber photo from different angle. The normal door trim is fitted along the floor edge.

Finished job with my wooden strip screwed in supporting the door trim and holding the carpet in place.

Photo shows the finish. I have screwed a wood strip along the length of the door aperture which will hold the trim in place and the carpet. I think it looks ok

N/S finished

N/S finished.

Tim Wilson
    Participant

Great work, Dave – and so quickly done, too! Tim.

I wouldn’t say quickly. I initially started the job about 4 years ago. Got the wood and A post finished fairly quickly, about 6 months, but since then the job has stalled until about 3months ago. As you know I am now into the other side, which I won’t allow to get stalled.

As promised, I have made a good start on the O/S. Starting afresh last Monday morning I made the decision to start with a new piece of wood for the roof section. I have now finished this to my satisfaction, but found that due to the complex curves I still needed to add an extra piece of wood to finish the job as I wanted. I will post a photo of the finished piece clamped in place tomorrow.  I straight away started on the A post. The passenger side was so rotten that it basically fell to pieces. Not so with the Drivers side, but I soon found the way forward  albeit damaging my trusty wood chisel in the process. Needles to say there was plenty of rotten wood to remove, and with occasional judicious use of my electric drill and angle grinder I had it dismantled in no time. There was a little rot to the edge of the bulkhead cross member which I have now repaired. I also needed to remove and repair the steering wheel coloumn support bracket which I have just finished this evening. I will post photos of the extent of rotten wood , roof repair timber and bulkhead repair tomorrow evening hopefully including more progress update. Dave

New roof section

New roof section

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.