Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ron Dowle
    Participant

So what do you read ? There are many Automotive related monthly magazines. It will be interesting to see what the Allard owner reads with their cup of tea.
    Having been a classic car reader, octane and a long term classics and sports car reader.
    I have gone back to just reading The AUTOMOBILE. So what do you read ????

BartRatkiewicz
    Participant

CC, C&SC, Octane, AOC News, Jaguar DC News, Austin Healey News, occasional others include Classic Car Weekly, Modern Classics, Classic Cars for Sale etc.

I also think I might cut out one of the first 3 and often think it might be Octane because they tend to feature high value exotics which are not my thing, but then they do have some interesting articles and for the relatively low cost of their subscription I think what the hell.

Ron Dowle
    Participant

I was at the very start for Classic car.   We ( Austin Healey club committee) were given pre-publication copies to review and comment on. I assume they must have sent them out to a lot of classic car clubs.  I must admit to going back to C&SC who were a rebrand of a previous magazine that I used to enjoy. I purchased The Clemons race car from a advert in Octane.

BartRatkiewicz
    Participant

C&SC and CC are the best of the bunch in my opinion.

Tim Wilson
    Participant

Just joined the Forum; so pleased it’s come about at last. Looking forward to posting now, and learning lots from other participants. So after having been a Motor Sport reader since the late 60s, l then (1973) moved onto Classic Car, and then C&SC. Over recent years, tho, l’ve become an ‘Automobile’ avid. I like the ‘Oily rag’ approach to old cars, and the period covered – 1880s-1960 – is my style and interest. 

Tim.

Ron Dowle
    Participant

Good to see some-one else enjoys the Automobile. I have been thinking about going back to C&SC. Many many years ago I used to read Custom car, Hot rod and Car and car conversions which was based  around club rally and racing. I wonder what happened to C&CC ???

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.